Recycle NI and the Chartered Institution of Waste Management Northern Ireland are delighted to announce the inaugural Northern Ireland Waste & Resource Management Conference 2022 which will take place on June 23rd in the ICC in Belfast.
The best domestic speakers and international waste and resource management experts are flying into Belfast for this year’s event. The conference runs from 9:00am – 4:00pm. The theme for this year’s conference is how the circular economy can impact our green growth and net zero ambitions.
We are expecting over 200 delegates from both the public and private sectors to attend this year’s live event making it by far the largest waste and resource management conference ever to take place in Northern Ireland.
Confirmed national and international Keynote Speakers include;
- Donald Chapman, Environmental Analyst, Zero Waste Scotland
- Kevin Hegarty, Director of Green Growth & Climate Change, Dept of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
- Keith Forster, Director, Dept for the Economy, Northern Ireland
- Claire Shrewsbury – Director Insights & Innovation, WRAP UK
- Dr Adam Read, President of the CIWM UK
- Brett Ross, CEO, RiverRidge
- Dr. Bärbel Birnstengel, Principle, Prognos AG, Germany
- Jamie Warmington , Leads the development of digital tools, Waste Sector, Anthesis
- Conor Walsh, Secretary, Recycle NI
- Paul Vanston, Chief Executive, Industry Council for Packaging and the Environment (INCPEN)
The proud sponsors of this year’s prestigious event are RiverRidge, DAERA and Bailey Waste Recycling as well as many exhibitors such as Re-Gen, Bryson Recycling, McQuillen Environmental, ENVA, RPS, Ulster Shredders, Recycle Eye, Crypto Cycle, Van Walt Ireland, Turmec, metorSTOR and Romaquip to mention just a few.
At this year’s conference we will be discussing such contentious and burning issues as
- Benchmarking Waste Management in Northern Ireland – How does it compare internationally?
- Carbon metric and beyond: Scotland’s journey with waste metrics
- Green Growth Strategy for Northern Ireland
- Circular Economy Strategy (Strategic Framework) – Circular Economy will be a big enabler of Green Growth
- Net Zero: why resource efficiency holds the answers
- The Transition to Net Zero and the need for new skills
- Circular Economy – Will ambition be matched by Action?
- The Carbon Study FEAD / CEWEP / DWMA
- Where are we going with the packaging reforms? And are we going there together?
- Digital waste tracking; transforming our sector
- Electric Vehicles
Conference tickets are on sale for £199.